Hello, all!
Well, I've finished my second week of law school (phwew). I typically go in around 7am and leave about 5pm - so far, this is working well enough. Amy had a hard first day adjusting to the single-parent lifestyle, but we have a routine now that seems to do the trick. If Amy weren't so good with the boy, I don't know what I'd do!
On Friday of orientation, we attended the Dean's welcome reception where I introduced Amy to some of my classmates. The Married Law Student's Organization (which we're now a part of) volunteered to do the babysitting during the reception, and we were happy to get the 2 hour break. At the end, however, I think we were both ready to see Ryan.
Last weekend we tried to take it easy. We rented a video and stayed at home, enjoying time with just the three of us. We also went to the zoo, and I have posted some pictures below. The most interesting thing about the zoo is that there is a field with kangaroos and wallabees that you're able to walk through! No fences! If a kangaroo just happens to hop over to you, you're welcome to pet it! Weird. I have no idea how they get around the liability issues (one of my courses is tort liability...).
This weekend, however, we decided to go to the Annual Blueberry Festival in Pleasant, IN. It's about a half-hour drive, and (like the Amish Acres Festival) had surprisingly little to do with blueberries. There was only one booth with anything blueberry. Hmmph. The rest of the festival was primarily food vendors (deep fried candy bars, funnel cakes, elephant ears, cotton candy, etc.), a softball and baseball tournament, and several knick-knack booths, as well as a number of carnival rides. Very odd. Unbelievably, there was a crowd of probably two to three thousand at the festival. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera.
In any case, that's the latest. I hope all is well, and keep your fingers crossed for Monte and Christine!
Ryan, Amy, & Ryan Patrick
Sunday, September 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment